Sunday, November 9, 2014

How NOT to Respond to an Ad on Craigslist

I live with two roommates and one of them is moving out into their own place. My roommate, Makenna, and I decided to take to Craigslist as one method of seeking out a new roomie. Granted, it was late when we posted it and I hadn't taken pictures of the house at the time so we just posted a couple pictures of our charming selves to display our humor and awesomeness:


Obviously, this was during Halloween where I was dressed as Jessica Rabbit and Makenna was sexy Abraham Lincoln--otherwise known as BABE-raham Lincoln.

Who wouldn't want to live with that?!

Well, apparently a middle-aged married father was ECSTATIC at the prospect.

 His email kind of gave me the sudden urge to shower after I read it:

"I saw ur ad on craigslist
u gals look awesome!
I would definitely like to put my face in that picture
back in the day I surely would have kept up with u
today I'm just over 50, married, w/3 grown children
I am a professional for Baltimore city 
But I can still play a mean guitar!
my brother plays bass and we still enjoy playing music and play out regularly
I'm looking for a room, but mostly during the week and only in the winter
I work in [Baltimore during the winter] when it snows
my home is near PA and I end up staying in hotels instead of traveling back to PA
It ends up costing me nearly as much in hotel bills and I'd rather have a nice room of my own..."
There was also various selfies and pleas to gain us as instagram followers. Another "older gentleman" called to respond to the ad and the call went like so...
"Hi, this is Tracy."
"Hi, this is [I don't remember what the guy's name was]. I'm interested in the room?"
"Great! Would you mind telling me a little bit more about yourself?"
"Well, I'm what you may call an 'older gentleman' but I don't think that would be a problem. I'm moving back to the area and I saw the picture of you two girls and...that was...well...that was...*breathy unnecessary sigh*...that was...really cool."
"Oh...um..."
"Yeah...*another breathy unnecessary sigh*...yeah..."
"OK! Well, I actually am kind of busy at the moment. Why don't you just send me an email with more info and I'll get back to you."
I didn't get back to him. Now I had an urge for a shower and amnesia.

We actually did also get responses from genuinely cool, awesome people. However, for the aforementioned people that were not so awesome, I think my reaction can best be summed up from seconds 26 to 35 in the following video:


No comments:

Post a Comment