Monday, March 2, 2015

10 Times "Billy On The Street" Was WAY Funnier Than it Had Any Right to Be

At the ripe old age of 29, I've come to a point of flux and anxiety that can only be conjured by the knowledge that "Dirty 30" is fast approaching. This is such a weird f***ing age. For every fleeting thought of "holy-crap-I-need-to-get-my-crap-together-and-travel-and-not-let-my-dreams-die-and-OH-MY-GOSH-IS-THAT-CROWS-FEET?!?!" there's also the relief of having survived all the drunk dials, "I-can-change-him" dating disasters, and a smorgasbord of other face-to-palm moments that litter our early-to-mid twenties.

I'm not a girl, not yet getting a Senior Citizen Denny's as Britney Spears would say. So as I contemplate the next steps in my life as I close out one decade and begin the next, I oft find myself turning to the escapism of viral internet humor in order to calm my nerves. My favorite binge at the moment is the irreverently delectable Billy On the Street, where the flamboyant Billy Eichner accosts New York pedestrians and quizzes them on pop culture by acting questions such as "Does Prince list the moon as an emergency contact?" (he does). 



Credit: Giphy

In honor of escapism and all of us getting older (F*** IS THAT A GRAY HAIR?!?!), I'd like to count down some of my favorite clips of Billy On The Street that manage to be way more hilarious than they have any right to be.

1. Miley Cyrus, Then and Now?



 2. Billy Destroying Art for Tyler Perry




I especially enjoy 1:05 to 1:07

3. Celebrating The Passion of the Christ



1:25 to 1:30...YOU. ARE. WELCOME.

4. IT'S DEBRA MESSING YOU GAYS!!!




5. Twitter is a Force




6. It's Spock! Do You Care?!




7. This "Quizzed in the Face" with David




8. And This One...




9. Lesbian Lightning Round


 


10. "WHAT IS COLBIE SMULDERS GONNA DO?!?!"


No comments:

Post a Comment